Monday, September 4, 2017

How to Crochet with Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn

Previously published on my blog, AllCraftConnection.org October 15, 2012


When I was purchasing yarn to crochet some hats, a Jo-Ann Fabrics employee saw my cart filled with all the yarn colors my grandchildren requested and asked me, as she guided me toward a display, if I'd ever tried the Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn. I loved the color combinations and bought three. With coupons added to a sale, my Sashay yarn was free, so I was happy to try something new.

After setting the Sashay yarn aside, because I needed to work on some hats, I decided to try my hand at a scarf. The Boutique Sashay yarn is so different from anything I've ever used before, I didn't quite know how to start, so I read the instructions. Unfortunately, the only instructions provided on the label were knitting instructions. 

So – I had to improvise. As I pulled the strands apart, I found the uppermost holes (as instructed on the label) and inserted my size I crochet hook. Skipping every other hole, I proceeded to create this simple, but classy-looking scarf:



Instructions specify that each end strand must be sewn together. However, an instruction video from Red Heart provided a better way to crochet the scarf and showed me how to make it wider. My next scarf will look similar but will be much easier to crochet now that I know how. 



Here is the video from Red Heart yarn, Learn to Crochet with Sashay.

UPDATE: After several projects working with Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn, I've discovered that the best way to crochet with it is to fold it in for about 5 inches at the beginning and at the end of the project. That way you have to sew only the end of the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment